Life seemed like a kaleidoscope to me. Everything changed and nothing made sense…but it was wonderful

miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2014

On future and how it turns out to be one of the scariest things for me

Sooooo the main issue here. I'm scared, extremely fearful about the career choice I've made.
I've chosen to study a degree in Psychology, but I'm not sure I've made the right decision.
Today, I was, very seriously, thinking (wow, my brain actually works) about what I want to do with my life when I finish my degree, basically what I will do for the rest of my life. yeezzzz, I want to do so many things!

Psychology seemed like what I wanted to study at first, and I'm not gonna lie, I really like the subjects I'm taking, but what if I'm wrong?
I mean, I want to help people, of course (that's why I'm studying Psychology in the first place) but I also want to be a speaker, I want to write books, I want to be an expert at Economics and English, I want to be able to speak 5 different languages at least. I really want to make music and discover all of physics' secrets (yes I love physics don't judge), I want to learn about graphic design, design my own clothing line, volunteer for at least two years straight... I WANT TO CREATE FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Then, after thinking of all that, I had a panic attack, and after twenty minutes I realised that I've bitten my nails way too much much; one of my fingers was bleeding. So yeh...
What I want to tell you with this huge paragraph about how indecisive I am, is that if I would've had all the resources I would've studied English or music because that is what I really wanted (maybe if I were studying any of those, I would tell you that I wanted Psychology, 'cause that's what humans do). I'm not saying I've become the person people wanted me to be, but I'm 100% sure I'm not who I wanted to be by this time in my life either.

My darlings, when deciding about your future, write down your life goals, choose your prior one and divide it in small goals till you find one that is reachable at that time. That must be the next step you're taking in your life.
When deciding your future think for yourself and isolate from any external variables. It's your future, and you should be able to do whatever the hell you want about it.

Summing up, probably the best decision is the one that, when you think where it's gonna take you in ten years time, it allows you to picture yourself as a happy and fulfilled human being.
DON'T RUSH!

PS: I still don't know where the hell I'm going or what the fuck I'm doing.
PS2: Next post coming on Friday!! (omg I'm actually sticking to a plan, this is new)
PS3: If you're thinking about commenting or have just read this post THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE AWESOME

♥ See you soon beautiful people ♥
Vlada

4 comentarios:

  1. I have the same problem…I should have already graduated college but I'm only halfway through because I can NOT decide what I want to major in..I picked journalism but not sure it's the right choice either :( I guess whatever's meant to happen will happen? At least that's what I try to think!

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Wow that's kind of a hard decision and I totally understand what you're going through... I think you have to try and pick the major you're most comfortable with, the one you're going to enjoy most. You have the ultimate power to make your life positive and "fun" when it comes to job/study

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Vlada. :)
    I can really relate to this post as I have found myself in a pretty much the same situation recently. There are so much things I would like to do in life, including creating and helping others, it is really hard to choose one path and stick to it. However, I think psychology is a great choice but on the other hand, your career is not the only thing that defines who you are.
    I totally lost my mind when thinking about my life choices this summer and I think the most important thing is to take your time. And probably we will never be 100% sure anyway, nobody is.
    :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks so much for this comment! EXACTLY what I'm most afraid of is not doing everything that I want to do because of studying this career, four years is a loooong looong time

      Eliminar

Gracias por comentar!