Life seemed like a kaleidoscope to me. Everything changed and nothing made sense…but it was wonderful

lunes, 26 de mayo de 2014

Music Monday: Britpop and 20 songs



So this is 90s week. Why? you may ask, well maybe because I'm a huge fan of Britpop, 90s Fashion and the fact that they didn't have mobile phones. I don't really know but I feel as if I belonged to that era more than mine (let's be honest, music is one of my main reasons).
So here it's my top 20 Britpop songs, I could be talking about this movement the whole day but let just make it comfortable for both of us. So WHAT IS THIS BRITPOP THING I LISTEN TO WA TOO MUCH?

Britpop is something like alternative rock. It was born in the early 90s, its songs were kind of simple and the sounds were clear (I usually can tell what instruments they are using, which include bass, drums, guitars, tambourine for Liam Gallagher...)
These bands are also really good because of their influences, they used bands as The Beatles (from the 60s 70s) as inspiration. Britpop was incredibly popular during the mid-90s



Oasis, Blur, The Stone Roses, Manic Street Preachers, Placebo, Supergrass, The Verve, Charlatans, The Smiths (please)... are my favorites and they were successful enough to hit the US charts in some cases, but when the 90s ended the movement died with them.

You can tell that 2000s bands are influenced by this movement, but the original ones have mostly disappeared (like my beloved Oasis) or they've changed  like Radiohead (nothing to do with what they were).




PS: Do you like Britpop as much as I do? What kind of music do you like? Feel free to comment (I really love your comments)
PS2: Hope you're as excited as I am for 90s week.
PS3: You're all awesome just like Oasis (they're my favourite)

♥ See you tomorrow beautiful people ♥

Vlada

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por comentar!